Soulsby Law serves clients in San Antonio, Bexar County and throughout the state.

Modifications And Enforcement: Standing Up For Your Family Law Rights

You count on your former spouse to abide by the terms of your divorce. When they do not, your ability to provide for yourself and your children could be in danger, or you could be prevented from seeing your children. That is not right. It is up to you to take legal action, but you do not have to do it by yourself.

At Soulsby Law, we are here to help you pursue a post-decree enforcement action in court related to child support, child custody or spousal support. We can also defend you against unfounded accusations your former spouse is making against you, and help you modify the order to adjust it to current conditions. We help people throughout Texas.

Why Enforcement Matters For Our Clients

If you are supposed to receive spousal support (alimony), child support, or both, you probably count on these funds to pay for basic necessities like housing, food, clothing, school expenses and medicine. If your former spouse is making payments late, making incomplete payments or refusing to pay at all, you could be just weeks away from catastrophe. On the other hand, if you are being falsely accused of violating your child support or alimony order, you need to make the issue go away as soon as possible.

Whichever side of the dispute you find yourself on, we can help. Our experienced attorneys will work with you to find a solution. Most of our cases settle without having to go to court, but we always prepare for trial. Attorney Kate Soulsby is a seasoned litigator. She will give you the advantage in any post-decree enforcement matter.

Experienced In Post-Decree Modifications

One way to avoid conflicts after divorce is to modify part of the order when necessary. For example, if you lost your job and had to take a lower-paying one, you may no longer be able to pay the same level of child support. We will seek an out-of-court settlement or take the matter to trial to bring all your family law orders up to date.

Talk With A Family Law Attorney About Enforcement And Modifications

Please call 210-714-4830 or email us to schedule a free consultation with Kate Soulsby at our San Antonio office.